Tuesday, May 11, 2010

mothers day...






For mothers day Kev was especially thoughtful! He got me a 50 minute massage... oh how I am looking forward to a small break! Mothers day was especially fun...we went out to eat with my family for breakfast, IHOP was packed, and so was Bob Evans so we ended up at McDonald's...which was fine, I love McDonald's breakfast and wish they would serve it all day! We went to church and while Kevin and the girls caught a nap I ran to my weight watchers meeting (I usually go on Mondays but since my dear friend Ashley who goes with me was heading out of town we went Sunday instead) I was down three pnds and could not be happier! Then Kev took the girls and I to Aspen creek for dinner, it was delicious! Both our girls were so sweet and well behaved which was the best mothers day gift I could have asked for!
Despite such a lovely day I did end it in tears... Sofie nursed in the morning around 6 and despite my best efforts to nurse her a second, third and fourth time in a quiet setting she was having NONE of it...talk about rejection! I was trying to nurse her before we put her to bed and she wouldn't, after trying and trying I finally conceded and we gave her formula...she downed it... poor girl she was starving! So after crying to Kevin about not being done nursing, and feeling like it was what was best for her, and wondering if stopping made me a bad mom (I know completely irrational) and Kev assuring me that I'm a great mom, that Ive done wonderfully to nurse as long as I have (Averi 10 months, Sofie nearly 7 months), and that whats best for her is for her to be healthy and growing... I accepted what I think I knew was going to happen since last week and stopped nursing. I cried throughout her 4 am feeding as she downed a bottle but then awoke in the morning with renewed vigor. I know it may be hard for some to understand why stopping nursing your child can be hard, I don't know if I truly know why it was so hard for me to accept but it was, and still kindve is. But what makes me happier and more fulfilled then nursing Sofie is knowing she is eating plenty and knowing she is growing and watching how much happier and how much more content she is, that is what makes me the happiest!

1 comment:

Adam Holly Grace said...

I totally understand how you feel about the nursing! I struggled with trying to make it work for MONTHS doing the supplemental system, fenugreek, etc. Do you think your supply went down after dieting that made her not want to nurse?? Or did you still get plenty when you pumped? I will talk to you more about it later b/c I can totally relate. The most important thing is just seeing your child happy and healthy! Love ya girl!