Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter storm 2009

With several inches of ice and snow on the ground and thousands of people without electricity we were blessed to keep our power and heat and despite me getting the van stuck in our condo parking lot we managed to mantain a pretty normal week in comparison to several others we know! So here is our week in a recap:






We spent ALOT of time indoors so we had to come up with stuff to do!
Averi wanted to play Daddy's xbox




Kevin and I had a sweet date at home... we popped popcorn and He taught me how to play Nerts... I love my husband!



We had sweet friends such as Lauren at our house trying to stay warm since they didnt have heat


My sweet friend Sarah got us Rascal Flatts tickets so we were not going to let bad roads stop us.... we headed to Lexington and enjoyed a GREAT concert!




Then Kevin and I ventured the roads yet again and headed to TN for Addisons birthday!!!





HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDISON WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO PROUD OF THE LITTLE BOY YOU ARE!!!


Over all WINTER STORM 2009 was nasty and rotten but we were surely blessed we didn't get it as bad as some!!! We pray for those who are still without power and are suffering and pray that the worse of the bad weather is behind us! We are thankful though for the beauty this ice has made of the world around us... it is literally a winter wonderland!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm glad you didn't lose power! We kept ours here but keep losing the phones and internet...so I can't do my online homework. I'm not saddened by this. Stay warm!

Marsha said...

Great pictures of the ice storm!! Glad y'all got a chance to get out too.
Marsha