Saturday, February 9, 2013

18 months

Reiter Michael Is just over 18 months. He is such a joy! Part of me can not believe he has been here a year and a half and the other part of me can not remember what life was like before he joined our family. I have memories of him as a newborn, rocking, nursing, cuddling, burping and sleeping on me-and while my heart longs for that sweet little baby it also rejoices in the toddler he has become! He is so smart, learning many words and chatting away. He loves trains and his favorite thing is for me to assemble his small track and for him, He will say "choo choo" over and over. He loves to look at books and play play-do. He is obsessed with his pacifier and "blankie". I know at some point we will have to break the pacifier but for now I am not up for the battle and he is pretty cute dragging around his big blue blanket with a paci in his mouth when he is sleepy! He is our only one to have an attachment to either and he certainly the baby and slightly spoiled. The biggest difference I have noticed between the girls and our boy is not the amount of energy they have it is how they choose to use that energy. While my girls play hard and jump and bounce and act silly, Reiter literally runs everywhere, never stopping to do much more then touch, grab or knock something down on his way. He climbs EVERYTHING and can be pretty rough. I already find myself saying things like "Rei Rei we don't hit, and we especially don't hit girls". Reiter can say several words "dada, Mama, sissy,please and dog". He chatters all day but the rest, as excited as he is about it isn't understandable! He sings and smiles often and laughs so easily!
We feel so blessed to have all 3 of our sweet babies, and are anxiously awaiting giving Reiter another brother, literally we will have "double trouble" and I can NOT wait! I pray my boys grow to be men of God and that we teach them to love their wives, friends and family whole heartedly.

No comments: