Monday, April 14, 2008

Castor oil... and other methods to induce labor!

On my facebook profile I wrote that my status was "Rachel is not at all dialated and starting to think Averi likes her womb a little to much"... this has now inspired several women to write suggestions of how to get my baby to come!
The number one suggestion has been DRINK CASTOR OIL! I originally thought this sounded like a good idea... especially since several women have sworn it works... but luckily I decided to read up on it before trying! One thing that I read over and over is it will not work unless your baby is already ready to come. So I looked back at all the women who swore castor oil would do the trick and they all had one commonality, they were all already past their due dates. Since I am eighteen days before my due date I do not think the drinking of castor oil is going to work, and I certainly do not want diarhea and possible dehydration to occur so castor oil is currently not an option!
For now I will stick to making Kevin walk and walk and walk with me at night and hopefully when I go to the doctor on wednesday we will be atleast a little dialated! If you have any other suggestions as to how to help you dialate or induce labor in a safe manner I would be more then happy to try!

4 comments:

The Ring Family said...

So... I was looking at this post with my grandma and she just mentioned to me that she took castor oil to bring on labor when she was pregnant with my mom. She said it worked and her water broke almost immediately after! :) I didn't ask her if it was worth it or not though...

The Yates' said...

I think if I have to stay pregnant past my due date I may be desperate enough to try it...but I REALLY don't want to get diarhea for nothing!

The M Family said...

yay for your blog! i didn't know you had one! can i add you guys to our list?

on the subject of inducing labor...i didn't even try to bring it on with kate! i had yet to feel one contraction (even up to her delivery date which ended up being a scheduled induction six days after her due date) and thought i would only get more impatient if i tried anything! good luck to you though with whatever you do!!! i wouldn't do the castor oil thing either though! blech!

averi will make her appearance when it's time! and at least you can rest in knowing her due date is known and planned by God!

jennifer

The Yates' said...

Ofcourse you can add us Jennifer... we already added you guys!