Tuesday, May 6, 2008

daddy!

Daddy giving Averi kisses
Averi LOVES Daddy!
Kev has learned and adjusted so much to having a daughter... being 32 I think having a baby here was a bigger change for him then for me! He has absoloutley doted on her since day one but wasn't so good at knowing things that needed to be done... such as diaper changing... He has never minded to change her diapers he just didn't realize it needed to be done unless specifically told that it did!

Kevin has been sweet enough to make sure I get some "me" time at night after he gets home from work... I feed averi and leave her downstairs to have some daddy time while I take thirty or forty minutes to myself upstairs! Every night I have told him if she needed to be changed or anything specific and then changed her into her p.j's after I have "me" time.

Last night however I was upstairs and heard her fussing... I waited a few minutes and heard her settle down so I finished up what I was doing and then went downstairs to check if she was hungry. She wasn't... she was fussing because Kev (WITHOUT BEING ASKED OR TOLD) had changed her diaper (she doesnt like that) AND put her pajamas on... I couldn't have been prouder... it is certainly the small things in life huh?!!!

Kev is a good daddy and learning more day by day... he is a HUGE help and a HUGE support... thank God for husbands!

3 comments:

The Ring Family said...

How sweet! Blake was the same way when Will first came home! He wanted to help so badly even though the first few diapers he put on Will... Well I ended up changing his clothes several times! :) But just seeing them with their child and knowing how much they love them is so peaceful isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Averi are so cute together! I was happy when you found out you were having a girl because I saw how much Alayna loves Kevin and how great he is with her. He's already completely wrapped around Averi's little finger!

Unknown said...

Hi! I love the pictures! Averi is so cute and Kevin sure looks like the proud papa! I remember the days when my two girls were first born...a lot of changes for everyone, but well worth every one of them! I hope to see you again soon!--Alison (Tom and Marie's daughter)