Monday, August 16, 2010

fifty fuve pounds and counting...

Ive been on weight watchers for just over five months. Ive lost just under fifty five pounds. I almost didnt write this post because the fact that I had that much extra weight(plus the last twenty five I am currently working on) is embarressing. The fact that someone who was thin and athletic allowed myself to use pregnancy as an excuse to blow up like a cow is embarressing. I remember after Averi was born the weight started to come off, with little effort. I still needed to drop about fifty pounds though when we discovered we were pregnant with Sofie... luckily I kept my weight gain more feesible with her then with Averi yet after she was born I was sure the weight would be easy to lose! Not so much! I had no motivation to eat less, and no motivation to exercise. I hated getting dressed. Mirrors terrified me. And my self esteem was at rock bottom!
Then weight watchers and my dear friend Ashley cam along. Ashley had less weight to lose then I but she was still my number one motivator! The weeks I wanted to eat everything she kept me focused on my goal. The weeks I wanted to cry because I worked so hard for a measley half pound she reminded me that that was something, and something was better then nothing! She will never ever ever understand the sncourager she was to me. Going to those weight watchers meetings every monday with her was just what I needed!
When july came and I knew we were about to move I looked up weight watchers meetings in Murfreesboro. I was bound and determined to remained focused. I walked into my meeting with my head held high ready to face the scale. Then the very nice lady said "we dont honor your monthly pass in middle TN maam...". What did she mean! I will tell ya what she meant,all the WW in Middle Tn are franchises (this would have been nice to know before I went to a meeting) if I wanted to attend weight watchers in Murfreesboro I will have to pay an extra ten bucks a month and lose all my online access as well as the benefit of "lifetime"...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

So I am trying to drop this last twenty five without my companion, my accountability, weight watchers... I am following the plan. But it is much harder when you arent heading to a meeting monday night to get on a scale in front of someone to not eat that extra burrito! So my blog is going to have to act as accountability from here on out! Starting a week from today I will honestly post my weight here... I know most people arent interested but I need the motivator!

I looked at this pic today as motivation...

Me fifty four pounds ago...


me today...

5 comments:

How 'bout... said...

Congrats!!! Your doing awesome! After having babies the weight just doesn't fall off like it once did. I understand that. Plus, for the past 5 years I have lived my life inside my house, not much excerise there! I am trying to do the home Weight Watchers thingy myself. I am trying to do the Free Weight Watchers! lol So I have been looking around the web for all the information I need. So funny because I started today and then seen this post, so it's making me not want to go enjoy a sweet beauitful delious chocolate chip cookie!!!! Hang in there, you are doing awesome and gave me the little push I needed! :)

Carrie
(Kevin's Friend)

Jessi said...

Congrats! After high school I gained sooo much weight because of some health issues (and poor eating choices) and over the last year I've lost 70 lbs! I think that that accomplishment makes it not embarrassing. It doesn't matter what you were- it matters where you are now. :) Keep up the good work! Good luck to us both!

The Fitzgerald's said...

You look really great! and as I said yesterday I would love a work out partner! AND i have a scale at my house of you want to come weigh yourself here weekly. AND if you join olympus you get 5 free training sessions and that would be a good jump start to learning a great exercise program!

Suzanne said...

Girl, you should be so proud, you look awesome!!!

Jennifer said...

i think you look great! and i love your cute hair cut!