Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Averi lately...



so after a pretty frusterating month with Averi I was at my limit. She was in constant fit/whine mode. She screamed over everything and she was constantly throwing fits. It was exhausting, I was to the point where I didnt want to take her out of the house for fear she would have one of her moments. So Kev and I regrouped. We reminded each other that we are the parents, that God has given us a responsabilty to mold Averi and to teach her what glorifying God means and that includes with her behavior. It is so easy to act as if you are doing it all right and justify your own slacking and saying it is all your kids fault... I believe we are all created as sinners and that God saves us by his grace and by his grace alone... so I know Av is as sinful as the next kid but I also know she has been taught better. So we started focusing on what we were saying and lots of consistancy as well as what we were doing per her offense. A week later and our sweet baby is back. She is not perfect but she is behaving a MILLION times better...consistancy pays off that is all I can say!

No comments: