Friday, August 1, 2008

Losing weight...


Averi didn't want to leave florida...

Well, we got back from Florida at about three this afternoon...what a trip home! It was one of those trips where EVERYTHING went wrong... we left Ruthie and James' later then we should have, got lost trying to find our car rental place and therefore made it to the airport 25 minutes before our gate closed... well then my bag was over the weight limit (of course) so we were ripping stuff out and throwing it into carriers... after checking our luggage we SPRINTED up the escalator and to the tram to take us to the terminal, got across the terminal, made it through security without any problems and got on our plane ten minutes before take off... only seconds before they closed the gate! Our plane faced TONS of turbulence which had both Sarah and I sick at our stomachs...and on top of that the air in the plane was not working well!We finally made to Indianapolis where Sarah's sister Rebekah met us, by the grace of God our bag age made it! Unfortunately the drive home was not so smooth...Kevin had driven that morning so I offered to take the drive home while he slept...we hit traffic and a two hour drive turned into five... five hours in a mini is hard on ANYONE especially a 3 month old...lol! Thank God we got home in one piece, I immediately fell asleep...after feeding Av and slept four hours... she has been in bed since six and is showing no signs of waking any time soon!
The real point tho of this post is to discuss weight loss...While in Florida my sister who has recently lost a significant amount of weight inspired me to get on my game! I gained about ten pnds right after Kev and I got married and then of course immediately got pregnant with Averi... I will admit I was not at all cautious with what I ate during my pregnancy and gained fifty pounds... that is sixty pounds total! I have struggled with my weight and body image since the day we came home from the hospital (as I am sure many women who just had a baby do!) I have lost about 32 pounds since Averi's arrival without really trying... but I am now ready to buckle down and lose this last thirty...so starting Monday Kev and I are "getting healthy... (he gained some "baby weight" too)... so to keep us more accountable we are going to blog every week, every Monday to be specific, about how much we lost (or didn't lose) in order to keep ourselves accountable, please pray that we will stick this out and do what needs to be done for our bodies in order to be healthy not only for ourselves but for our little girl!

... but she is excited for Daddy and mommy to get healthy!

3 comments:

bcl said...

Aw how cute! I love this picture of Averi. If you noticed on my blog, I too have gained weight since I got married. I am on a quest to lose it :)...maybe we can keep each other accountable!

Jessi said...

I admire your commitment to get healthy after having Averi. I am facing a bit of the same issue myself....and I haven't even had a baby! No excuses for me. Good luck keeping up with your plan.

bcl said...

Thanks! :) I really am so much more relaxed just working one job. Working a second job had really impacted my patience with the babies at the Day Care-meaning I had none. That was how I knew I had to quit the other job ASAP. So now I am selling Avon on the side for some extra $.

Thanks for the prayers, and I will be praying for you too! Let me know if you have any tips for what works well.

P.S. - How did you find my wordpress site? lol...I stopped blogging on there and started back on Blogspot about a month ago :).