Sunday, November 9, 2008

The appreciation of life

Brooke and Ruthie... two of the strongest women I know!



Sweet Ruthie and her son Corbin



Me and Ruthie... How I wish I was in Florida with her




When my sister Ruthie and friend Brooke both told me they were expecting children I assumed in nine months I would be holding precious babies in my arms, as did they! Well as I posted before my friend Brooke miscarried a few weeks ago and yesterday my sister discovered she too had begun bleeding and lost her little one. Never having experienced this incredible loss I can not say I understand and am in some ways at a loss for what to say at all!
Both these women have lost children they have never seen but were already so deeply in love with them, I know they are in pain... Brooke's pain has begun to heal although I am sure the wound is still deep in her heart... Ruthie is still in shock, a miscarriage was not expected.. it will take time and prayer for her to begin her healing process- but I know my sister and I know she is strong she to will rise up praising our Lord.
These losses have touched my heart so deeply and made me appreciate my own daughter that much more!
Thank you Lord for giving me Averi and allowing me to watch and feel her grow in me for 38 weeks and 3 days before she was placed in my arms... I lift up my sister her husband and son...touch their hearts, especially tonight as the pain is so fresh... comfort them and allow them to feel your presence more vividly then ever before! We praise you Lord even when we do not understand why because we know you are sovereign and you reign over all, including our unborn children!
Ruthie has asked that everyone pray for her, her husband James and her son Corbin. Pray that the Lord will heal their wounded hearts and that they will continue to praise God throughout this hard time!

3 comments:

KEVIN AND CHRISSY KNIGHT said...

Oh my goodness I am so so sorry Rachel! Your sister, her husband, and son are in mine and Kevin's prayers!!!

The M Family said...

:(
they'll be in our prayers!

The Murphys said...

Thanks Rachel. I hope you never have to know how bad this hurts.