Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Averi is one years old!



I can not believe my BABY is ONE YEARS OLD... what a tremendous joy it has been to have her in our lives. To watch her grow, to watch her sweet and wild personality develop and to have the opportunity to love someone in such an amazing and different way as you do your child!
I can't believe it has been a year since I was rushed to the hospital at thirty eight weeks and three days after struggling for a couple weeks to maintain a high blood sugar level and fighting constant dizzy spells and finally passing out... we were sure since I was not dialated at all they would send us home to wait it out at least until we got to week forty. But since Averi was fine size wise and was head down they began the induction process that night. It started with cervadil in order to "ripen" my cervix, which caused me to have some slight contractions and little sleep through the night at no avail because by 4 am I was still not dialated. Then the pitocin began and the contractions came on STRONG and FAST!!! They encouraged me to get to at least three centimeters before I had my water broke or an epidural... so a little over twelve hours later I had finally reached 3cms and I was exhausted, the fact that they told me it could be the next morning before we met our sweet girl did not help! So my water was broke and an epidural quickly followed. I had about two and a half hours of relief before the epidural wore off and I felt every contraction and every ounce of effort to push, that's right it took me twelve hours to get to twelve cms and two and a half to get to ten!! I began to push after my nurse was called back from her break and my doctor was called from home (no one expected her to come that night, in fact because of my slow progress they kept assuming I would end up with a csection)... thank goodness the guy came in and upped my epidural shortly after I began to push because I was terrified! forty seven minutes later Averi Noe'l Yates arrived with a gorgeous black eye from hitting my pelvic bone! We didn't even notice her flaws, in fact all I coud say was "she is so pretty, she is perfect... Kevin don't you think she is beautiful?" In fact I still look at her today and think the same thoughts!
The last year has flown by... we adjusted quickly and smoothly to a family of three and Kevin and I have thoroughly enjoyed being parents! We are blessed with a gorgeous daughter who LOVES to give you "lovins" which involves a sweet hug and kiss right on the mouth!
Averi has made some milestones this month... she is up to three teeth... she is has mastered "mama", "dada", and "bye bye" as well as waving, blowing kisses and we are working on the high five! She is sweet and wild always making us laugh but is also as stubborn as they come... in fact she can throw a fit like a pro, a problem we are quickly trying to get under control!
We were privileged to still hold Averi's first of two first birthday parties last Sunday in TN despite Kevin's dad being in the hospital (Kevin's dad insisted we still have it!) we were surrounded by sweet family and friends who adore Av and are always loving on our family! She was given many wonderful gifts and thoroughly enjoyed her very own cake, the minute we sat it in front of her she literally picked it up and put her face straight in it... so cute!
Kevin also had the honor of preaching at his parents church that morning which was the biggest crowd he has preached to. Not to brag but I thought he did extremely well and afterwards I was told several childhood stories of my sweet husband from the older women in the church as well as many compliments on his message! I am so proud of Kevin and how much he is growing and developing as a minister... I am truly blessed!



4 comments:

Jessi said...

Happy birthday, Averi!

The M Family said...

happy birthday indeed! cute little averi cake, btw!

KEVIN AND CHRISSY KNIGHT said...

Awe I love her cake[s]! too cute! Happy Birthday little Averi!

The Murphys said...

I love her cake and her dress! HAppy birthday sweet pea!