Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter



Our Easter was extra special as we celebrated that our Lord is RISEN, it means even more to both Kevin and I this year because we recognize that we not only have the gift of salvation but Averi can have that gift as well, it also spurs us on to pray harder she and our second child will come to know him at a young age!!! What a HUGE responsibility we have as parents to constantly point our children on towards their maker!!!
Averi had been sick Friday but did not run a fever Saturday and over all seemed to be feeling much better, Sunday came and she seemed a little stuffy but not bad enough to keep us from church! So we dressed her in the GORGEOUS Strasbourg gown her great granny Yates bought for her, and can I just say she looked like a perfect angel in it, so sweet! We went to church and then headed to my moms for the afternoon.
My mom made a lovely lunch, well her oven didn't turn on so the ham didn't cook so we had to grab KFC but the sides and desserts she made were delicious (Thanks mom!). My mom and Dad were of course there and my brother and his sweet girlfriend Lauren as well as our friends Lindsay and Shawn and our friend Sarah! Over all it was a very fun day we enjoyed the company and enjoyed reflecting on what our savior did for us!
By late afternoon averi was obviously feeling worse, we headed home and our whole household was asleep by 830... Av woke up the next day sick again and threw up that evening in the van with just daddy to clean it up, poor Kevin, he doesn't do well with puke! Av is much better now!
Averi received several great gifts for her first Easter... she is always so spoiled! She received a pool/sandbox from Nana and Papa Yates, a new outfit from Meemom and Pop Pop Buchwald, A new book and two pairs of PJ's from mommy and daddy and her gorgeous Easter dress and a bunny as big as Averi from Granny Yates, and an Easter basket with some candy and toys from the Alveys (a family I babysit for)!!! I even got a little Easter surprise... Kevin bought me a people magazine, and two new books... he is SO good to me!

Averi in her Easter dress!

I filled up averi's new pool/ sand box with warm water and while it was warm outside I let averi and emma play in it! they looked so cute and enjoyed it!

No comments: