Sunday, June 22, 2008

ONE YEAR!









Praying with my bridesmaids
Getting me in the dress

The handsome groom

Kevin and his groomsmen

Tomorrow Kevin and I will have been married one year! WOW time flies! It seems like only yesterday I was walking down the aisle to my handsome groom and NOW we have a child together!
As I remember that beautiful day (well it actually poured rain, but inside the church it was beautiful!) I smile! I was a bundle of nerves but never more confident that I was doing the right thing! I knew that Kevin was the man God had chosen for me and I was thrilled for the opportunity to be his wife! I remember those doors opening and trying so hard to control my emotions but as soon as I saw Kevin wiping off a tear and saw a tear drip down my daddy's cheek I was a goner!
I remember looking at Kevin as he said his vows to me and trusting that every word of commitment he said, he meant! I remember counting down hour by hour until the wedding finally began and treasuring ALL of my bridesmaids as we enjoyed the day together! I remember finally putting on my dress and my sister and Lindsay lacing me up...ensuring that I looked perfect! I remember my flower girl screaming as she was pulled down the aisle in a wagon and making everyone giggle! But mostly I remember lighting our unity candle and Kevin praying over our marriage and thanking God for the git of marriage... and tearing up as he thanked God for giving him me as his wife!
We have had a CRAZY first year but I would not have wanted to take this crazy ride called life with anyone else! Kevin is truly my leader.... He knows when to hold me and when to comfort me... but he also knows when to encourage me to take that extra step and do something on my own so that I may grow and mature! Kevin I love you...in good times and bad in sickness and health til death do us part!

2 comments:

bcl said...

Congratulations! That first year flies by doesn't it?! My hubby and I just celebrated a year May 25. What a blessing marriage is!

The M Family said...

happy anniversary you two! what a blessed and busy year you've had! ;)
jennifer