Friday, July 24, 2009

Saturdays with daddy...

For two years Kevin has faithfully gone into Applebees Friday night after he gets out of his regular job and then gets up Saturday mornings to work a double, do not ask me how the man does it, he is AMAZING! We were at a point where he could drop Saturdays at Applebees the month we found out we were expecting Sofia... and since the last several months we have had a TON of money going out in unexpected expenses (kitchen flooded... air conditioner broke... van died!) thank goodness we had his tips to lean on!
Since I have stopped watching extra kids and began working nearly 30 hours a week (in two days!) at the nursing home Kevin has decided to drop Saturday mornings to spend with Av and I...especially as I am growing larger and becoming more exhausted by the day, his presence is desperately needed! He still goes in at 5pm to close on Saturdays and works Friday nights but all afternoon Saturdays is Av and mines! We took him to our favorite spot last Saturday...the zoo! Where Av pointed EVERY animal out to him and proclaimed "DOG" it doesn't matter if it is an elephant, penguin or zebra in her book they are all "DOG"! What fun to share a day off with Kevin! I am incredibly blessed to have a husband who is SO willing to work extra for our family, even tho I miss him like CRAZY when he isn't home!
Kevin also never ceases to spoil me! One of my biggest cravings with both my girls has been banana splits, with Av I never denied myself this pleasure... but determined to save money and not gain a bunch of weight this time I have only had two throughout the last 28 weeks... well Kev surprised me with Banana split ice cream sandwiches from walmart, we both agreed that they weren't very good, but it was the thought that counts! He also surprised me with Roses... do you see why I am so in love with this guy... he always makes me feel loved and beautiful, even when I feel pregnant, swollen, and Fat!!! We love you Kev... thank you for all you do!




1 comment:

Kevin Yates said...

I love you baby...and I really need to meet this guy you are talking so highly about :).