Wednesday, October 13, 2010

move..


Moving to TN was in some ways a very easy decision... we would be closer to family, that was a HUGE drawing factor! But it was in some ways a difficult decision... leaving our church, leaving our friends! But it was the right decision!
God has and continues to confirm that we did the right thing in moving each and every day. Our house is amazing, so much better then we expected to find, it suits our needs perfectly and we love the nieghborhood. Kevin working from home is such a blessing, with his class load at school he spends ALOT of late nights studying but makes up for that by being able to typically spend lunch with us and because his commute is only upstairs we always share dinner as a family at the table. When we were in louisville He always worked two jobs, now he only works Rivermine, it is a blessing to see him more and to see him enjoy school and his family without the exhaustion of two jobs!
When moving here we debated living in Murfreesboro or in Nashville. Kevs parents are in Nashville, but Kevin went to MTSU in Murfreesboro, he became a believer while attending MTSU and God laid a burden on his heart to return here. So Murfreeboro won out, it is about 40 minutes from Nashville! As soon as we got here we knew why God had called us to Murfreesboro, our church New Vision was just starting to revamp their college ministry with a new college pastor and were in need of leaders! We have been able to serve weekly in this ministry and LOVE it! We love the students and love watching what God is doing in their lives, our lives and the ministry as a whole. We are each hosting a small group on Mondays starting the 25th, I have never been a leader of a small group so I am a bit out of my comfort zone but I know God will give me the words to say!
The most recent thing has been the opportunity at Vanderbilt for me. It is anamazing opportunity for me, and thankfully our girls will always be with family who we know and trust to care for them. It was a hard decision to come to, me working three nights a week but I am confidant it was the correct one, God has given me such peace. Not to say that it wont take some adjustment, it will but in a few months we will all be adjusted!
Moving away from friends was difficult the first few weeks, but once again God is so soveriegn. I have learned to talk to him when I'm missing my friends (who are just a call or tect away) I have learned to rely on my husband even more and to be confidant enough in myself to step out and build new friendships. I LOVE the wednesday night bible study Im attending and am so enjoying my small group. We are trying out sunday schools to find one to connect into (our church has three services in the morning so we are able to go to sunday school service and college all on sunday morning) and I am truly enjoying meeting new friends! This move has been a transition, but truly a good transition!

No comments: