Thursday, July 14, 2011

baby update...

Had a GREAT check up with my midwife this morning! I am 3cms dialated and 50 %effaced, he is much lower then last week, which means he is heading in the right direction! She stripped my membranes which is what put me into labor with Sofie (i was 3cms when they did it with her too) it may or may not work, if it doesnt work I will go back next thursday and she will strip them again. I am scheduled for an induction on the 29th either way. Please pray it doesnt come to that I really want to go into labor on my own! If it does come to an induction she discussed a few options one being cytotec but she felt their was far more succes in that if you arent dialated at all, one is pitocin (this would be my last choice) and the last option would be to just break my water and see what happens... I would prefer to just have my water broken so I can still have freedom to walk and use the tub for pain control but my midwife would prefer me to be 4cms dialated if she breaks my water...please continue to pray this boy comes on his own and that if he doesnt we will trust our midwife in guiding us to the best decision! Cant wait to meet our son!

No comments: