Tuesday, July 12, 2011

the waiting game...

my dear friend Kim and I have had the opportunity to go through this pregnancy side by side, I have been blessed to have her encouragement the last 9 months,her friendship is precious to me and has certainly made the adjustment to TN easier... she will never understand what a God send she is in my life! She was due a full 2 weeks before me so I've known all along that her precious girl would probably make her appearance before Reiter, but I wont lie going to see her and her new beautiful daughter Piper this week made me pretty anxious to meet my son!
First let me say, Piper is precious! She is healthy and beautiful and you can tell already how spoiled and adored she is by her parents Kim and Dave and her 3 older siblings! PRAISE THE LORD the giver of new life for this precious gift he has granted the Hall family! Holding that precious girl makes my hormones go wild tho, there is just the pure joy you feel when holding a perfect sleeping infant, the adoration you feel towards God for making such a beautiful life, the happiness you feel for your friend and then there is the awful hormonal I don't want to act this way but I can't help it side who wants to cry because you are so tired and ready for your baby to come on out and join the fun!
I hate that side, and I've been dealing with her for a week or so now, and I really really don't like her. I don't like being discontent in the spot God has placed me, especially when he gave me the GIFT to carry my son to term... so today, after a rough couple of nights I am vowing to have a good attitude, to enjoy my daughters to their fullest until things go CRAZY when we add a newborn to the mix! I am bound and determined to enjoy Reiters kicks and wiggles until I can see him wiggle and kick on the outside, it is only a few more weeks anyways and he will be here, I want to be joyful and happy these last few weeks!

So here's to 37 weeks of pregnancy bliss you all!

1 comment:

lillie said...

You are not a bad person, nor any less thankful to God for His many blessings, because you get tired, anxious, and impatient for your son to be born. You are simply human and God understands and does not judge you harshly for not being "up" all the time. Gosh, I doubt that many, if ANY, women in their final few weeks of delivery feel any differently. I wish you and the entire family the best.