Saturday, September 27, 2008

av is FIVE months (and one week)






I JUST realized I forgot to post about our sweet girls fifth month of life! WOW month five has been busy in little Averi's world...she is laughing and chatting it up more then ever...she is rolling over both from back to tummy and tummy to back, and she has got the "tripod" sit down- we are sure she will have the real sitting up down pretty soon! She sleeps from about 830ish til 630ish...sometimes she gets up a little earlier and sometimes a little later... she is still mostly breast fed although I am much more relaxed about the occasional formula when necessary and she is doing well eating rice... we plan to start real baby food next month!
What a joy it is to have your child smile at you and laugh at you. motherhood has been such a blessing to me, i would not trade it for anything! Kevin was laying Av down a little bit ago and I could hear him saying "I love you sweetie, daddy loves you" on the monitor how sweet and gentle he is with his daughter...she already has him wrapped around her tiny fingers! We are trying to break Av or sleeping in her "swaddler"... it has been an impossible battle so far, anyone have any advice?
Mommy and daddy LOVE you our sweet baby girl!

3 comments:

bcl said...

Wow, she is getting soo big! And she gets more adorable as she grows :). Developmentally she is far ahead of most babies I've seen that age. Most of the babies at work weren't sitting up like that until they were at least 6 months. Just wait, I'm sure she'll be crawling in like 2 months! Keep posting updates evety month, I love seeing how she is doing.

Kylie Turner said...

hey girl.... we faced the whole swaddle thing and I know how you feel...however, the saying is true "they will do it when they're ready". But as far as advice I do have some that might help.. we took it in steps which really helped. we started swaddling one arm out and one in. it was rough for a couple days because he wasn't used to it but just like everything else, it took time. then we took the other arm out after a couple weeks but still wrapped the swaddle around Will's body so that he got the "wrapped/cozy" feeling. Then just took the whole thing off which was the easier part...it's so nice just to be able to lay him down and not have to worry about the swaddle.
A side note though is that we didn't start this process until around 7 -8 months because he was making no effort of getting out of the swaddle. And we figured if it gets him and us sleep - why ruin a good thing?
Like one lady told me, I have never met an adult who still has a pacifier and sleeps swaddled with their Momma !! How Funny but TRUE . hope that helps

Marsha said...

With those big blue eyes I can see how she would have anyone wrapped around her little fingers!! I LOVE the big bows too, you know I am a big bow person!
Marsha