Friday, September 12, 2008

The love for a child

My sister posted some baby pictures of my god daughter Alayna on facebook and it shocked me how quickly she has grown! Alaynas home life has never been what it should be and I have therefore struggled with my attachment to her! By the grace of God, Kevin's support and strong Godly friends I have learned to place her life and well being in Gods hand. There are still times when I want to keep her and protect her from the world she lives in but I know I can't. I know that she is in Gods hands and he is the ultimate protector! Watching her grow has been a struggle but also an honor... I would not change the hardships for anything because they have made me a better mommy to Averi! Because of all that Alaynaand I have been through I find myself striving harder to be not just a good mommy but a great mommy!
Kevin and I both hug and love on Alayna ALOT when she is in our care and are constantly cuddling and kissing our sweet Averi!I never want Averi to doubt our love for her! I want her to always know she is a gift from God and we feel SO blessed to have her! We tell Alayna these same things when we see her, but we only see her about once a week so it is hard to know what sticks in her little mind. There are still times when I am looking at my sweet daughter and I tear up for Alayna because she deserves the kind of love and stability Averi has, I struggle to understand those parents who can have a child and not want to do everything they can to make that child's life the best it can be!

One of the greatest gifts god has given us...parenthood... our sweet Averi


Here is a slide show of all the times we have shared with sweet Alayna over the past almost three years!

1 comment:

The Ring Family said...

You have provided that little girl with more love then she could ever imagine! What a gift you have been her life Rach! I am so proud of you for it and proud of the way you have learned to trust God with her.