Saturday, January 3, 2009

Daddys little girl


Kevin had the last two days off and I did not have any extra kiddos to watch so I picked up a couple twelve hour shifts at the nursing home! It has been a while since Kevin watched Averi for more then a couple of hours by himself, but despite that I decided it was time he could handle watching her without me leaving him a thousand notes and laying everything under the sun out "just in case" he would need it, of course my phone was on JUST in case he needed me for support!
I have to brag on him for a few minutes here because He did a GREAT job! He fed her the appropriate amounts, dressed her (in not just suitable clothing but rather cute outfits), made sure she got her naps but did not let her sleep to late in the evening in hopes we would all get a good nights rest! In addition to caring for her he kept up with laundry and cleaning and even had spaghetti ready for dinner on Thursday when I got home!
After spending two days straight with her Daddy I watched Av's interaction with Kevin this morning and although she has always been fond of her Father He has now officially won her over! Their sweet interaction makes me so happy... Kevin ADORES her, he has from the start, and she him!
As most everyone knows our intention was not to get pregnant with Averi in our first two months of marriage and although we counted it a blessing and trusted Gods hand was over both of us and our unborn child finances were scarce and we were admittedly worried! Kevin spent the entire nine months of my pregnancy and the entire eight months of Averi's existence working his regular job and then heading into applebees as a server on the weekend... PRAISE the LORD in February we are finally to a place where he can cut down to one weekend a month! Although Kevin hates to be gone from us he strongly believes it is his duty and responsibility to provide for his family, and despite the long work hours when he is home he is a family man... despite exhaustion he will help when Averi has a bad night, allow me time to myself while he plays with her, lay on the floor and make our sweet girl giggle, help with house work, stay up late just to spend alone time with me and then get up early to do it all over again!
In addition to being a hard worker Kevin is Averi and mines leader and comforter! I remember countless times when I have come to him upset over something and his first response was prayer... even while I was in labor his response was not to just hold my hand and comfort me but it was to pray and read scripture... he leads us in prayer often! He is also sensitive... not in a sissy way because in NO way is he anything but the manliest of men... but he is not scared to show emotion. He teared up on probably the two biggest events of our lives together- June 23rd 2007- our wedding day, and April 21st 2008 the day he first held our sweet girl...this is a quality, among many, I both love and respect in him.
I am looking forward to having Kevin home more and I know Av is going to eat up a little more daddy time! Over the Holidays Averi received her very own camo dress and her very own Auburn sweat suit (WAR EAGLE) truly stamping her as a girl after her Daddy's heart! I know Kevin envisions her loving sports and hunting as she gets older, but even if she is a perfect princess ballerina he will not love her less and whether she is a basketball all star or a cheerleader I know he will be in the front row to cheer her on!
I am so incredibly blessed to have Kevin not only as a husband, best friend and confidant but also as the father to our daughter! Time has seemed to fly since we've been married and especially since Av has arrived I know that before we know it she will be grown up and having her own children. Therefore Kevin and I pray to enjoy everyday the Lord has gifted us with her! As you can see from the slide show Kevin is enjoying his role as a father- I would say more then he ever imagined!

No comments: