Monday, November 16, 2009

Sick

last week Sofie started snorting a bunch and seeming really uncomfortable all the time... like I would feed her and she would still scream and curl up her tummy like she was in pain. Saturday night she did not sleep at all, she was up from 12pm until 5 am I could not find a position to make her comfortable (Kevin got home at like 3 and tried to help)... we would get her to sleep lay her in her cradle and she would immediately start screaming. She was snorting a bunch during all of this, around 5 Kevin was holding her up right and she started gasping for air... Seriously scared me to death!
Finally we called the pediatrician. The on call nurse listened to her breathing over the phone and told us to go to the hospital right away... so we woke up Av and headed to Baptist East. They examined her and took some x rays and decided to send us to Kosairs. We then took Av to a friends house and headed into Kosairs, when we got there I nursed her and the nurse looked at her she said she thought she looked "dusky" which means sortve a grayish blue (not what you want them to say about your infant). They did tons of Xrays and examined her, let me just say she was not happy about being poked and prodded at at all! She was hooked up to a machine that was monitoring her breathing and it kept dropping, and after I fed they thought she looked "dusky" still.
They admitted us saying they wanted to keep her on the monitors for a night but that they thought it could be severe acid reflux. They started her on Zantac that night and had her sleep elevated. It was the nest she had slept in over a week! She only got up twice and went right back to sleep! Her O2 stats stayed fine through the night so in the morning they decided we could go home! They prescribed Zantac and told us she is trying to spit up due to the reflux but her muscles aren't strong enough to get it out so she is gaging on it hence the "dusky" coloring... so she is supposed to be elevated as much as possible especially after a feeding, they also encouraged me to stretch her feedings to atleast 3 hours because she had gained over 2pnds in 2 weeks, I was over feeding because she was so fussy and I thought she was hungry which was making things worse!! PRAISE the LORD it is not more serious! She is still a bit more fussy then Averi ever was but is noticeable better today then she was last week!
Well just when we thought we had it licked and were in the clear we got home... and Av started puking! She threw up three times last night, but had no fever so I just assumed it was a stomach bug. She was fine from 930pm until about 12pm today when as I was eating lunch she threw up all over me... then she started having diarrhea and now has a low grade temp...we are off to the doctors at 440 so they can check for swine flue! PLEASE pray it is nothing serious and that Sofie Kevin and I do not catch it! We are both EXHAUSTED and need the Lord to sustain us more then ever... your prayers are coveted!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry y'all had to go through all of that--I'm sure it was really scary. Praise the Lord that both of your girls are doing better!