Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bachelorette party!



We celebrated Lindsay's last few days as a single women last Friday night! We all got dressed up (I had a dress that I got for 6 bucks while I was pregnant with Av that fit... I was thrilled to wear it again!) and headed to cheesecake factory for dinner! We then went back to Lindsay's for desserts (some of us ate cheesecake so the desserts did not get much action!) games and gifts!
What fun it was to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my dear friend one more time and to spend time with so many girls I love! When I get the opportunity to have a girls night I am always reminded that while I am a wife and mommy (and would trade neither for anything in the world!) I am also a woman and need "time off" to just be a girl! Averi went to Meemoms and Popops to be spoiled for the night and Kevin was of course at applebees so I truly had the night off!
I can not believe Lindsay will become Mrs. Vietz in less then two weeks! We grew up in ninth and O's youth group together and now we are both going to be married women! What fun! I pray that God will make marriage a fun and easy adjustment for Lindsay as she learns to be submissive to Shawn as his wife and as she learns her roles in supporting him as He finishes school and goes into ministry, I pray that she finds joy in serving God by serving her family and that her good days are often and bad days are few and far between! I am excited to watch her continue to grow as a women of God and wife! Congrats Lindsay I can't wait to see you all Brided up on may 16Th!



No comments: