Thursday, June 25, 2009

Big changes!



We have had some BIG changes lately! I had begun to really stress about the idea of watching the little girl (Emma) and her brother (Blake... whom I only watch before and after school and on school breaks) once miss Sofie came. I was feeling totally overwhelmed at the idea of having an 18 month old and a newborn much less adding two other kids to the picture!
I began to pray daily about my concerns, I know that me staying home full time without babysitting just isn't an option for us right now, as badly as we both wish it were! I prayed the God would either grant me peace about watching Blake and Emma or he would open another door for us!
I talked to Kevin about it and we both committed to praying for the whole month of July before making any decisions... well we didn't even get to July before God showed us his answer! Blake and Emma's mom was layed off this past week therefore not needing childcare, they were so sweet and offered to watch Averi for free so i could work extra at the nursing home until Stacy found a new job then i could go back to watching their kids. We were n a situation where it called for quick decision making, Kevin and i both love the family i sit for and letting them go was extremely hard! I have watched Emma daily for a year and love her to death. Stacy (their mom) and I are far more then an employee/employer we are friends- God truly blessed our lives with them this past year. Despite that we felt that since I had already been battling with watching them when Sofie comes that this was Gods answer it was time to say goodbye to babysitting!
So what does this mean for us? Alot of things are still up in the air. I am blessed with a job that allows me to work as many or as little hours as I want. So for now the plan is I will work a double on Sundays (2pm-6am, I have already been working Sundays 2pm-10pm to make extra money so this is nothing new!) Averi will go to a mothers day out program on Mondays from 930-130pm so I can get some rest (kev will take her and I will pick her up) this was a great option because it only costs $
15 dollars a day! I will also work Tuesdays 6pm-6am and my mom will come to our house and stay with Averi so I can rest.
I am excited because my days off that I am not sleeping are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and Saturday which means I get four full days to focus on just Averi... Monday and Wednesday I will be sleeping until 1230 or 1 but get most of the rest of the day enjoying my girl! I am excited to focus on her alone especially since we have another baby on the way so soon! Kevin is REALLY great with her by himself and he has enjoyed getting to bond with her alone on Sundays while I've been at work, she adores him!
Please say a prayer for us as we transition once again into a new pace of life! Pray God continues to grant us peace in our jobs and decisions and especially that Averi enjoys Mothers Day out, I am most leery about sending her off for it then anything else!

3 comments:

lillie said...

This does sound like an answer to your prayers, and it should work just fine. Don't worry about Averi on the Mother's Day out. She will be just fine, and will probably benefit from the interaction with all of the other children. Take care of yourself, and do get adequate rest for yourself.

Brooke and Brian said...

We will be praying that you have peace with everything :) Sounds like things are falling right into place!!! Love ya!

Adam Holly Grace said...

We know exactly how it is! It is sooo hard trying to work out finances, school, work, childcare, and just wanting to be at home! Send me a message some time about the Mother's Day Out. That sounds very interesting and we might could use that some times too b/c it is hard for us to work out sleep for me etc. after work...

Also, don't hesitate to let me keep Averi some time if you need me... for FREE... remember I owe you!!!:)

H